Tuesday, September 22, 2015

You may have noticed....

When I started this business 3 years ago, I had no idea what it would eventually become....I started out wanting to teach people to make really abstract works of art that they would love to hang over their sofa in the living room.....what it has evolved into is entirely different! About a year in to the process, I introduced 4-8x10 size paintings and then my phone started ringing off the hook for private party requests. I had to pull my then fiance in to help me manage registrations and he created a beautiful website for me (thanks dear, love you!!!). Now you can purchase your ticket directly from our website which is so great, but I digress....
A few months after launching the 8x10 size canvas, the bars started reaching out to us an now we have really found our niche. We love to teach TONS of people at once, in a bar or restaurant or winery! 

But I am still an artist at heart and I hold myself to a really high standard so I HAVE* HAVE* HAVE to still teach you how to create something you would be proud to hang (or lean...I'm really in to leaning canvases instead of hanging them...)

There is a 'formula' to what we do, which of course I am not going to reveal here but you may have noticed that our backgrounds are always unique and different and layered.  Our newest canvas "Happy Fall Y'all" has a new background we have never done before and I am super excited to teach it! This canvas is a limited edition, meaning it will only be taught to 70 people total because of the burlap chevron element (there are only 70 of them!). It also features a collaged sunflower center, which has several techniques on top of it.  In fact, for the first half of this party, you will rotate between your canvas and your sunflower center. If you participate in this party, you will learn how to create other beautiful layered artworks on your own!  As a decorative artist for the last 18 years, I can tell you my motto was 'there is safety in layers'. If you paint only a flat element on a flat surface every 'oops' is going to jump out and announce itself. Layers =interest and depth and beauty and safety!  Flat =booooring.  (in my humble opinion).  When you are working on your own art, don't be afraid to layer it up! Paint happy! 
"Happy Fall, Y'all"



To register for this, or any of our classes,  visit http://www.paintlikemeparty.com/sign-up-now.html
Looking forward to seeing you, XO Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment